Session 7: Culture of Learning: How do we establish a culture of learning at our school?
Session 7 Objectives:
Discuss how a culture of learning can be promoted in your context.
Define how you can grow in your own practices relating to curriculum and instruction.
Session 7 Introduction:
What role do you play in your school’s culture of learning? Dan provides some insight into how leadership leads to a life of learning.
Session 7 Video:
Session 7: Questions to Ponder and Discuss
- Are the right structures, tools and processes in place at your school? If not, who is responsible for putting these in place?
- In what ways do you see Curriculum Trak supporting your efforts to improve instruction at your school and in your area?
- How do you identify areas for your own professional development and define your own goals for improvement in instruction?
- How might tying your goals back to your articulated curriculum be helpful?
- How do you communicate/share these strategies and practices with your colleagues?
Curriculum Trak can help promote a culture of learning withing your school in two different ways:
- The variety of curriculum reports (in the Reports area) can provide key insights from several different perspectives. We recommend identifying a specific report to incorporate into every staff meeting and identifying reasons to celebrate (What are we doing well?) and an area to grow (Where can we get better?).
- The Lesson Planner Feature (and the variety of reports available along with it), provides yet another layer of reflection for teachers as they interact with their unit plans.